Your voice. Your profession. Your forum!

What were your candidate experiences like with H/R or recruiters?

2 years, 3 months ago

You are too familiar with these series of unfortunate events: you had a phone interview, followed by 3 (unnecessary) rounds of interviews and of course this means 3 separate outfits and time off from your current job (if you work) and only to be ghosted later when you were not selected. What where your most damning experiences and what do you wish H/R and/or recruiters can do differently to avoid these silent company reputation-killers? Let the industry know how you felt all along.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Mylacrish
    Posted November 24, 2017 at 12:51 pm
    • Edited 2 years, 3 months ago.

Five words- It is  ridiculous and unnecessary. Time  is precious and everyone’s time is precious regardless your role in the industry. First of all, it is s hard  as it is to request time off without giving your employer a hint of suspicions and second a candidate always tries to give their best if not their all at the first interview. A second or a  third interview is just added stress and unnecessary anxiety. Also, I wish Hr and the hiring Managers would hire a candidate  that they feel good/confident about and that has the qualifications that they are looking for instead of interviewing hundred of people to later come back to the initial candidate while the job is suffering and the candidate is waiting. HR should be a go getter- you see something that you like just go after it. Do not let people waiting because the candidate could be unemployed and desperate. Not everybody who applies to a  job posting is employed.

0 replies

Msergile
    Posted November 24, 2017 at 3:49 pm

I guess to me that’s the key word, you’re just a “candidate”, you’re just a thought that’s what that mean. I do agree HR should not wasted people’s time and energy and yes it does added stress and anxiety to have to look forward to the next nerve wracking interview, but I wouldn’t want an actor or a pretender come in and grab the job I am qualified for. My suggestion would for a HR to make the hiring process a little smoother, be open to contract negotiation. As an employee I don’t want to go in HR exuberant and come out looking gloomy. HR should not be a scary place, it would be a welcoming place.

0 replies